Dog Boarding Tips: How to Keep Your Dog Safe and Comfortable
Knowing the benefits of dog boarding can help put your mind at ease the next time you have to leave town and can't take your furry friend with you. While your dog will be well-cared for, you can still do some things to help make the experience as smooth as possible for both you and your pup.
However, you should also ensure the safety and comfort of your dog while boarding. As a fur parent, it's your responsibility to ensure that your dog is comfortable with the boarding arrangements and that all their needs will be met while away.
Here are some tips on how to make sure your dog is safe and comfortable while boarding:
- Choose a reputable boarding facility that is clean, well-lit, and has plenty of room for your dog to play and exercise.
- Ask the staff about their experience and qualifications in caring for dogs.
- Make sure the boarding facility can provide individual attention to your dog and socialization opportunities with other dogs.
- Ask about the food and water available for your dog and bring your own if you have specific dietary requirements.
- Bring any toys, bedding, or other items that will help your dog feel comfortable and at home.
- Ask about the exercise and playtime available for your dog, and make sure there are plenty of opportunities for them to get out and stretch their legs.
- Get to know the staff at the boarding facility, and make sure they are familiar with your dog's personality and needs.
- Ensure you have a way to contact the boarding facility while you're away if you need to check on your dog.
- Bring along a recent photo of your dog if they get lost while you're away.
- Most importantly, make sure you say goodbye to your dog before you leave, and let them know you'll be back soon.
Boarding can be a traumatic experience for some dogs, so it's essential to make sure they feel loved and secure before you leave. With a bit of preparation and some peace of mind, you can rest assured that your dog will be safe and comfortable while you're away.
Dogs Deserve a Happy Camper!
If you are looking for daycare and boarding with a personal touch, warmth, and security, look no further than Happy Camper! We are conveniently located in St. Petersburg in the Carillon Park area. We offer fresh food and clean water all day, every day. Our guests receive delicious treats to keep them occupied in our fun playgroups.
Our small size allows us to get to know your dog and give them the best day possible. Above all, our playgroups are supervised inside and outside, and our staff members are actively involved in a national certificate program.
Contact us to schedule a tour or make a reservation!